MD IPA, United Healthcare denial of service, appeal
My wife was denied service for the IMRT radiationt reatment for colon cancer. Please see video from the link.
After 2 peer to peer reviews with their medical director, 2 appeals, still no. In fact, before the 2nd appeal was filed, I was at the hospital, having them do the calling. A UHC person I had previously talked to 24 hours ago, who had urged me to file another appeal so they can work on it quickly, now told the hospital admin lady "unless you can prove to us that 3D conformal treatment will kill her, we will not approve this..." Just think about that statement folks. It's pretty pathetic what length they go through to deny a service, that according to the hospital other insurance companies usually approve. Do not make the same mistake that I've made. Change your insurance company when you have a chance. Especially you, federal employees. And if you are stuck with them, fight, fight and fight. I know what I am going to do. What are they gonna do? Kill me and my wife both?
More Review Details
You May Also Like
- "I signed up with Coventry Healthcare of NC after reading in their summary of coverage that they have a $15 copay for sick visits and a $24/$40 copay for prescriptions...."
- "On April 27, 2013, a young man with heavy boxes on a gurney slammed in to me from behind at Trader Joe's Palm Desert, CA; he did not observe me..."
- "I received a letter dated August 27, 2014, from CoventryOne. They said my policy would end December 31, 2014 and it could not be renewed. I contacted my..."
- "I bought a bag salad today to feed to my family and I was disgusted when I opened the bag to find mold growing on the cheese. It was foul..."
- "Discovered water under the sink. I started looking for the cause. The connection between the sink and granite were not sealed. The sink had seperated from the granite leaving it..."
- "Rainbow systems playgrounds say they have a lifetime warranty on the wood for their swing sets. DO NOT Believe them!!! I have been trying since September to get..."
- "I took my car in for a manufacture defect that falls under the warranty of 3 years or 36,000 miles. My car has 33,370 miles on and hasn't went over..."
- "Had yet more issues with this trailer again this weekend. The outdoor plugs, bathroom and outdoor kitchen receptacles were not working. All on GFCI. The GFCI in the bathroom was..."
- "I was just there and they gave a complete runaround when it came to their your trade is worth at least 5,000.00 guaranteed advisement. They tried to say it was..."