Update by user May 25

This is a update on my complaint:

I filed a complaint with the Consumer Advocacy

Washington State Office of Insurance Commissioner and they contacted UHC.I was informed today that they would be refunding their overcharge of $404.00.

So United Healthcare has done the right thing after understanding my complaint.If you have a problem with insurance contact the Insurance Commission in your state they do care and will help.

Original review posted by user May 17

I called on12-7-16 to cancel my supplemental policy with UnitedHealthcare, as I had changed insurances so I could see a doctor they did not cover.When I called UHC to cancel my policy I asked if I could keep my RX coverage with them and was assured I could and was transferred to that department.

The first person I talked to did not cancel my policy as I asked. So, on 3-8-17 I realized UHC had been charging me $202.00 a month for a policy I thought was canceled. I called and the representative stated she could only refund $202.00 for the march payment as her computer program would not allow her to go back any farther. She stated she saw I had called on 12-7-16 but that the employee has not reported that I had canceled my policy at that point she talked to her supervisor and they refunded one month policy fees to my bank account.

She stated I would have to send a letter to AARP and UHC and request the balance for the January and February charges. I sent the letter but recieved no answer for a month so I called again on 4-5-17 and was told I needed to send a copy of my New policy by fax which I did on 4-6-17 to prove I had insurance with my new insurance -- still no refund. I called again to make sure they got the fax and was told I would have the rest of my refund within 28 days. Still no refund, so I called today 5-17-17 and was told my refund was denied today because my policy had not been canceled on 3-7-17 --- So, I could not receive a refund for January and February even though I had another insurance plan for both of those months.

I filed a complaint, as I believe, I should not pay two insurance companies for the same policy which I did not use and don’t understand how I am responsible for the lack of a report of my cancelation not submitted by their employee, especially when they refunded my March charges and stated they had record of my call.

To me this is insane or just plain fraud.Don't do business with this company they will not honor their commitments and will flat out lie to you.

Review about: Health Care In 2016 Only.

I didn't like: Runaround they have given me, Greed and unethical business practices, Uncaring, Charged me premiums in 2017 even though i canceled it in 2016.

1.2
Additional Fees
PRODUCT OR SERVICE Not specified
Reason of Review / Monetary Loss Problems with payment / $404
Preferred solution Not specified

Had an Experience with United Healthcare?

Comments

Be first to start a discussion.