United Healthcare Phone Numbers and Emails

Arizona
  • (888) 809-6539
    Colorado
  • (833) 827-5227
    Employers (Current UnitedHealthcare Plans)
  • (877) 856-2430
    Employers (SHOP Exchange Marketplace Plans)
  • (888) 200-0405
    Illinois
  • (888) 545-5205
    Individual and Family Quotes
  • (877) 856-2429
    Individual Exchange Marketplace (New York and Massachusetts Only)
  • (800) 474-4467

API Support, For Provider
dmcaregisteredagent@uhc.com
DMCA Inquiries
Is this your business?
More phone numbers and emails Less phone numbers and emails

How to Contact United Healthcare?

Most Popular Number:

(866) 633-2446
Member Services
Total calls: 1 307 Issues resolved: 55 Last call: Mar 4, 2024

What Is the United Healthcare Phone Number?

The United Healthcare customer service phone number, if you got your insurance plan through work, is 1-866-801-4409. You can call United Healthcare to speak with a customer service representative for assistance with your healthcare coverage, benefits, claims, and other related inquiries. For queries related to the United Healthcare Medicare supplement plan, you can reach out to United Healthcare phone number at 1-800-523-5800.

If you have any issues regarding United Healthcare Medicare Advantage or Prescription Drug plan and UnitedHealthcare Community plan/Medicaid, you can call the number on your member ID card. The customer service representatives can assist you from Monday to Friday, between 8:00 am to 8:00 pm ET. Also, you can visit the official website to find the number to call in your state.

How Can I Mail UHC Customer Service?

To mail United Healthcare customer service, you can use the address for your specific United Healthcare plan. This information can be found on your health plan ID card, explanation of benefits (EOB) statement, or on the United Healthcare website.

Write a letter explaining your inquiry or concern in detail. Make sure to include your full name, member ID number, and any other relevant information to help the United Healthcare customer support representative better assist you.

Print and sign the letter, and include any supporting documentation if necessary. Mail the letter to the address for your specific United Healthcare plan.

Mailing customer service may take longer to receive a response compared to other contact methods such as calling or emailing. If you need immediate assistance, contact United Healthcare customer service via phone.

How Do I Talk to a Real Person at United Healthcare?

To talk to a real person at United Healthcare, dial the United Healthcare customer support number at 1-877-844-4999 and follow the prompts. When you are asked to enter your member ID, just remain on the line without entering any information. After a few moments, you will be connected to a customer service representative. If there is a high volume of calls, you may be placed on hold for a short period of time. Once connected, explain your inquiry or concern to the representative, and they will assist you.

PissedConsumer Club

Contact Information

United Healthcare Website:

United Healthcare Help Center:

Corporate Office Address:

United HealthCare Services, Inc.
9900 Bren Rd. E.
Minnetonka, Minnesota 55343
United States

Other Info (opening hours):

Hours:

Monday - Friday: 8:00am - 6:00pm (ET)

UnitedHealthcare

Customer Service - Privacy Unit

P.O. Box 740815

Atlanta, GA 30374-0815

More contact details

United Healthcare Customer Service Reviews

1.4 / 5
Bad
Renee G Bdz
OTC company UHC uses NO refunds or cancelling orders
stars-rating stars-rating stars-rating stars-rating stars-rating

Thank you for the hour I wasted on the phone with 4 different reps. The last one telling me I could get a refund on the products I ordered online Dec 30.

I rec'd 2 products at different times and as of Jan 19 I am still waiting for 4 more.
They said the products were on the way, (imagine me rolling my eyes) I was not going to wait 3 weeks for the poorly run company to send me my items. I wast to cancel my order and go buy products, NOW. Each customer service rep. took and asked the same information about my case, imagine the fun I had.

The last supervisor rep. told me I could get a refund and then transferred me to the company you use for OTC products. She said they dont do refunds...ever. That was that.
1 hour and 3 weeks wasted waiting and then calling UHC to get resolution.

Did I, NOPE! Not even close. I'm even close to happy with the outcome.

Including "help" from the customer service reps. who could only say "I'm sorry to hear that.
I'm writing a review of this situation online and everywhere I can, so people know about UHC and the companies it chooses to work with.

Oran Ruz
Change of address
4.8

This wasn't a problem. I had to come to my home state due to my dad is on hospice.

I can still get my prescriptions. I can do tella health with my primary in the state I live in. I can use my food card. The only mix up is sending my 2024 and replacement card to my temporary address.

However customer service helped and was very courteous and helpful. I very pleased with my health insurance.

John M Skd
Transportation
stars-rating stars-rating stars-rating stars-rating stars-rating

when I called to set up a transportation request. It took 5 × 2 try and get them to put in my correct address.

But it never happened. the reason why I wanted this done or so the Uber driver.

Was reimbursed properly but they seemed to not be able to change my address on the transportation request. And I called them 5 times yesterday to try and get this done and it never happened.

Guest-5156053
A agent named Fiona put my Providers name on my card that was sent to me and that provider is not accepting new patients. This has been time consuming now I’ll be calling customer service t
4.7

Disappointed that I was given a provider who was not taking new patients. I now have to get a new card Calling customer service again to help the last gal I spoke to was very informative and professional Appreciate her efforts. I should have elected to take the survey she was great

How Good is United Healthcare's Customer Service?

Janet L Gaf
Janet L Gaf
Feels Neutral | Feb 01, 2024

I am not happy that you would pay for q r offie that did not do what they asked for

Lessly Eus
Lessly Eus
Feels Disappointed | Jan 05, 2024

Advantage plan card is really disturbing towards elderly individuals. Fails to pay for groceries, personal hygiene items and hardly pays for a complete order at the register.

Harriett T Opw
Harriett T Opw
Feels Neutral | Jan 03, 2024

Today it was very well

Linda V Rpb
Linda V Rpb
Feels Neutral | Dec 16, 2023

I can’t because I never got the chance to speak to a representative.

Ardelle Esq
Ardelle Esq
Feels Satisfied | Dec 04, 2023

Very satisfied , customer service agent was nice and made me feel good .

Sanad Itr

22% ISSUES
RESOLVED

Top Reasons of Customers Calls

Consumers Call the Most From

Why Do People Call United Healthcare?

Request for Information Question:

• “Need to get my husband from recliner to wheelchair and get him into a wheelchair van for a doctors appointment”
  • “Checking to see if I can get my meds because of cyber”
  • “To ask questions!!!!”

Cards Question:

• “Got to get another United Health card”
  • “Need new card”
  • “Need a new card”

Product/ Service Question:

• “My insurance has expired”
  • “Calling about dental clinic that can accept united Healthcare insurance”
  • “Health insurance letter”

Payments and Charges Question:

• “Billing”
  • “Make payment”
  • “Pay electric bill”

Return/ Replace Question:

• “To get a replacement card”
  • “I need to change my insurance”
  • “Returning call”

Account Question:

• “Check balance on hsa card”
  • “To finish signing up for my United healthcare”
  • “Having triuble logging in”

Activation/ Cancellation Question:

• “Cancellation”
  • “I need to activate my UÇard”
  • “Cancel appt for houseCall”

Staff Question:

• “United healthcare services from Birmingham AL and Bessemer Al are calling my phone number everyday hanging up in my face and also calling my phone not saying anything and just hanging up”
  • “Customer service question”
  • “Transportation service”

Shipping and Delivery Question:

• “I haven't received my cards”
  • “Still have not got my u card”
  • “Have not received my OTC card or benefits”

Employment Question:

• “To see if I can get paid to tk care of my father due to stroke”
  • “Job opportunity”
  • “I had a job interview”

Refund Question:

• “To see if I can get a refund on meds that I had to pay for”
  • “Refund payment from cancellation.”
  • “Refund”

Website/ Application Question:

• “I'm trying to do a application”
  • “I sent in an application & have not received a reply”
  • “Assited with a. care provider”

Other Question:

• “Member id”
  • “Update phone number”
  • “Dental”

About

Related Companies

UnitedHealthcare Hearing, UnitedHealthcare Community Plan, UnitedHealthcare StudentResources, UnitedHealthcare Motion, UnitedHealthcare Freedom Plans

Summary

The United Healthcare (UHC) strives to improve the Health Care System. The company was founded in 1977. The United Healthcare offers practical online tools for consumers, customer-oriented health benefit plans and services, and around-the-clock access to support resources. Over the past several years the company introduced the UnitedHealth Basics. It is a product which offers benefits for people with low income who want to take part-time work. Later UnitedHealth Wellness was launched. United Healthcare provides customers with health improvement programs online, discounts, and special sessions (weight management and quit smoking and drinking programs and the like). Definity HRA and Definity HAS in 2005 presented a new generation of customer-oriented health plans which is acomplished with online tools.

United Healthcare reviews and complaints

1.6
Aetna image
489 reviews
1.3
Do you have something to say about United Healthcare? What happened? What can we help you with?
Submit review Don't show this popup