Contact United Healthcare Customer Service
United Healthcare Phone Numbers and Emails
(866) 633-2446Member Services
(833) 827-5227Employers (Current UnitedHealthcare Plans)
(877) 856-2430Employers (SHOP Exchange Marketplace Plans)
(877) 842-3210General Provider Line
(888) 545-5205Individual and Family Quotes
(877) 856-2429Individual Exchange Marketplace (New York and Massachusetts Only)
(800) 474-4467Individual Products (UHOne) Broker Services
(866) 414-1959Insurance Through Your Employer
(800) 721-0627Medicare Advantage or Prescription Drug Plan
(800) 523-5800Medicare Supplement Plan
(800) 980-5357North Carolina
(888) 381-8581Producer Help Desk
(800) 657-8205Short Term Insurance
(888) 842-4571Small and Large Business Broker Services
(800) 444-6222UnitedHealthcare Oxford
United Healthcare Emails:
How to Contact United Healthcare?
Most Popular Number:
|Total calls: 989||Issues resolved: 49||Last call: Nov 30, 2023|
What Is the United Healthcare Phone Number?
The United Healthcare customer service phone number, if you got your insurance plan through work, is 1-866-801-4409. You can call United Healthcare to speak with a customer service representative for assistance with your healthcare coverage, benefits, claims, and other related inquiries. For queries related to the United Healthcare Medicare supplement plan, you can reach out to United Healthcare phone number at 1-800-523-5800.
If you have any issues regarding United Healthcare Medicare Advantage or Prescription Drug plan and UnitedHealthcare Community plan/Medicaid, you can call the number on your member ID card. The customer service representatives can assist you from Monday to Friday, between 8:00 am to 8:00 pm ET. Also, you can visit the official website to find the number to call in your state.
How Can I Mail UHC Customer Service?
To mail United Healthcare customer service, you can use the address for your specific United Healthcare plan. This information can be found on your health plan ID card, explanation of benefits (EOB) statement, or on the United Healthcare website.
Write a letter explaining your inquiry or concern in detail. Make sure to include your full name, member ID number, and any other relevant information to help the United Healthcare customer support representative better assist you.
Print and sign the letter, and include any supporting documentation if necessary. Mail the letter to the address for your specific United Healthcare plan.
Mailing customer service may take longer to receive a response compared to other contact methods such as calling or emailing. If you need immediate assistance, contact United Healthcare customer service via phone.
How Do I Talk to a Real Person at United Healthcare?
To talk to a real person at United Healthcare, dial the United Healthcare customer support number at 1-877-844-4999 and follow the prompts. When you are asked to enter your member ID, just remain on the line without entering any information. After a few moments, you will be connected to a customer service representative. If there is a high volume of calls, you may be placed on hold for a short period of time. Once connected, explain your inquiry or concern to the representative, and they will assist you.
United Healthcare Website:
United Healthcare Help Center:
Corporate Office Address:
Other Info (opening hours):
Monday - Friday: 8:00am - 6:00pm (ET)
Customer Service - Privacy Unit
P.O. Box 740815
Atlanta, GA 30374-0815
How Good is United Healthcare's Customer Service?
Sometimes good sometimes bad
It wasn't able to help me at all and I didn't get an answer to my question, and the representative couldn't understand me or get the system to work in order to answer my question about if united healthcare would cover the cost of an ebike
This encounter was good
They rarely reimburse what they are supposed to and in terms of services and medications that require pre approval, we have come to think that they would prefer we not get them and die. My adult son is disabled with autism, schizophrenia and severe asthma and we have enormous difficulty getting his meds approved. The large number of psychiatrists and psychologists they say are in network are not and their reimbursement, once we reach our huge deductible covers virtually nothing.
Good and positive
Summary of United Healthcare Customer Service Calls
Top Reasons of Customers Calls
Consumers Call the Most From
Why Do People Call United Healthcare?
Request for Information Question:
- “To find out coverages of a client”
- “Need to talk to a representative”
- “Question for coverage”
- “My cards was stolen”
- “I never recieved my id cards”
- “Lost card”
Product/ Service Question:
- “No paper work been a mouth”
- “Health Insurance”
- “Medical insurance issue”
Payments and Charges Question:
- “Make payment”
- “Billing error”
Return/ Replace Question:
- “Replacement cards”
- “To change my bank account number for withdrawals”
- “I need a replacement card buy here”
- “Check balance on hsa card”
Activation/ Cancellation Question:
- “Cancel 2024 coverage”
- “I have canceled United Healthcare”
- “Get someone to help me cancel and take off other INS that have been canceled. And so you my main instinct can pick up for the methadone clinic 590ellis road Jacksonville FL because I can't afford to pay and this crazy need help.”
- “Member Services Phone Number”
- “Customer service”
- “Transportation service”
Shipping and Delivery Question:
- “Haven't received my card yet”
- “Where is my ride”
- “To see if I can get paid to tk care of my father due to stroke”
- “Job opportunity”
- “I had a job interview”
Website/ Application Question:
- “I'm trying to do a application”
- “I sent in an application & have not received a reply”
- “Assited with a. care provider”
- “Refund RF# 12847148”
- “Refund payment from cancellation.”
- “Verify new policy”
- “To change doctors”
- “Need information”
, , , ,
The United Healthcare (UHC) strives to improve the Health Care System. The company was founded in 1977. The United Healthcare offers practical online tools for consumers, customer-oriented health benefit plans and services, and around-the-clock access to support resources. Over the past several years the company introduced the UnitedHealth Basics. It is a product which offers benefits for people with low income who want to take part-time work. Later UnitedHealth Wellness was launched. United Healthcare provides customers with health improvement programs online, discounts, and special sessions (weight management and quit smoking and drinking programs and the like). Definity HRA and Definity HAS in 2005 presented a new generation of customer-oriented health plans which is acomplished with online tools.
United Healthcare is ranked 229 out of 1608 in Insurance category
Compare United Healthcare To
Companies are selected automatically by the algorithm. A company's rating is calculated using a mathematical algorithm that evaluates the information in your profile. The algorithm parameters are: user's rating, number of resolved issues, number of company's responses etc. The algorithm is subject to change in future.