Additional Fees
Insurance Plans Acceptance

The Drs are pissed and leaving United Healthcare. Now I have to wait 4 months for a critical condition to see a GI Dr?

good move United Health Care. 30 Drs with how many patience are now trying to get into the only GI specialists left in the plan. I need help This is too much in a small community of practitioners. Why is this acceptable for for a company to deny healthcare to so many people?

It seems that people are going to be very very sick.

The woman in the philipines told me to go to the Emergency Room. That completely

Review about: United Healthcare Health Plan.

Reason of review: Quality of HealthCare.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

Comments

I'm a mental-health provider. I don't know a single psychologist or therapist who is still accepting United or Optum, largely because they have not raised their reimbursement rates in over 20 years.

Would you work for someone who didn't raise your pay in over 2 decades? Not only that, a couple years ago they actually DECREASED the covered amount for my services. They pay less than any other insurer in our area, by a considerable margin. In addition, they require frequent "clinical reviews" where I have to spend 30 to 60 minutes on the phone with someone who doesn't know the patient, and justify why they should pay for some more sessions.

No other major insurer does this.

When patients call my office and I turn them away because I don't take UHC, I usually hear "I can't find anyone who does! Can you refer me to someone?" Unfortunately, I can't, because I don't know anyone who is willing to accept this, either.