Verified Reviewer

My name is Niten Ved

I had a group Medical Insurance Plan (with Oxford Healthcare) through my Employer. Back in Feb 2019, I had a skiing accident in Switzerland at a height of 10000+ feet.

As a result of the accident I had a resulting Brain Injury and had to be air lifted off the mountain. The Claims department at Oxford Healthcare is refusing to pay for the Air Ambulance since it was a Helicopter and not a conventional ambulance (not sure who is making this decision? ) but they are clearly not being practical. Our Insurance Broker Rue Insurance has made numerous attempts to explain to Oxford Healthcare about this situation but are not able to resolve this issue.

The funny part is that Oxford has agreed to pay for hospital bills for the treatment of my injury resulting from the same accident, which were in excess of 20,000 USD but is not willing to pay 3,000 USD for Air Ambulance.

I would appreciate if someone Senior (including their CEO - if he cares, which I am sure he does) can contact me. I am sure that they can find my cliam using my name which I have provided above.

• Medical Insurance Claim