Silver Sneakers went from a free benefit, which is one reason for originally picking United Health Care Supplemental to charging a 50% of club dues. You now call it a discount...I call it a charge!

It feels like a bait and switch. A lot of individuals signed up for UHC supplemental insurance because of this benefit. This was originally a great benefit. Many retired individuals are on a fixed income.

This was a way to help people stay healthy, possibly lowering medical expenses and insurance claims.

United Healthcare pulled the rug out from under many people. How many people can't take advantage of what United Healthcare now calls a 50% discount at health clubs?

I call it a 100% increase over the original free Silver Sneakers program.

United Healthcare, do the right thing. Reinstate the free Silver Sneakers program.

Product or Service Mentioned: United Healthcare Health Insurance.

Company wrote 0 private or public responses to the review from Nov 08.

Comments

United Healthcare pays toward your health club dues. My dues are $ 21.99 per month.

If I go 12 times per month I receive $ 20.00 into my checking account from United Healthcare. This is the only Insurance company that I know of that does this.

to Terri #1596798

Where does United Health Care state that if you go to your health club 12 times in a month you receive a $20.00 credit to your checking account. Never heard this before...