1.3
Additional Fees
Insurance Plans Acceptance

Recently the company i work for switched to united healthcare's choice plus plan.It has been a nightmare to say the least.

They promised to match the coverage we had through Highmark, but we got scammed. We have employees who are on needed medications and have been for years, fighting for months to have United cover them. Now, as a wheelchair user, I am having an even harder time. First, I need urinary catheters in order to void my bladder.

It took 2 and 1/2 months for their team to find a provider in their network for me. During that time, out of necessity, I was forced to get them from my original provider that was not in network. Now I owe them over $600 and United won't pay a dime. Now, I'm desperately in need of a new manual wheelchair.

I mean every part of mine s broke and being held together with duct tape and they don't have a single provider within a 100 mile radius and will not offer any other solutions. They don't even have a provider I can order parts through to make mine last until our company throws the contract out and goes back to Highmark in January. Absolutely sick over the terrible service and BS they put you through. Also, they barley pay what they agree to pay without a dozen phone calls .

Got a Dr. bill they were supposed to pay after my $20 dollar deductible. I paid the deductible then was still billed an additional $86. The total bill was only $136.

So they paid what?

$30.It would be cheaper to cancel and pay my providers directly out of pocket since my insurance plan is over $1,000.00 a month.

Review about: United Healthcare Choice Plus Health Plan.

Reason of review: Bad quality.

Preferred solution: Deliver product or service ordered.

I didn't like: Service sucks, Dont have the providers to offer you the things you need, Have to go to war to receive ok to get necessary medications.

Had an Experience with United Healthcare?

Comments

aliens_amoung_us

You need to complain to your company rep, and the group of idiots who changed your coverage to an even worse insurance (highmark is one step above United healthcare). I have my own nightmare stories about highmark, so just take my word for it.

Anyway, go to the route source of the issue....your company rep.