Additional Fees
Insurance Plans Acceptance

I have had United Healthcare insurance since the beginning of 2015. I have always paid my health insurance payments, however, unfortunately, United Healthcare never keeps their end by insuring me. All of 2015 I had to fight with them for every single visit. Each time I visited a doctor, the doctor was sent a letter to tell them I did not pay my premium and therefor the claim was denied. I had to escalate the issue and then they went back and credited my account. The blame game was going on... They said the marketplace (obama care) did not send them over the payment I paid directly online. The marketplace said they did pay United Healthcare premiums and they did not understand why it was not getting to my account properly. Luckily, I had not major issues with my health and so I ended up paying for insurance all year... but they just pocketed my money! Going forward... 2016....

was going to switch to Blue Cross, but my doctor was not covered under the plan so I was stuck with United Healthcare as my only option. I decided to pay United Healthcare directly each month for my premium payments. Well, March, I go to the doctor and have my mamo. Get letter and call that my health insurance was cancelled due to non payment again. They refused to pay the claim. 3 letters were sent out like this to my doctors as well as I was unable to get my prescription as they said I have no coverage it had been cancelled.

I call United Healthcare and ... what do I learn???? Accidentally, Jan, Feb and Mar insurance payments were not posted to my account and the account was closed. As they researched, they found my payments but could not understand why it was not posting to my account. (I keep all of my confirmation codes when I pay now) and so they said they would start my plan over again. I had to re-enroll, they moved my payments over and said they would go ahead and pay the claims based on their error. They promised me it was all fixed.

Went to doctor for annual physical, doctor informs me he is no longer my primary care so they will not pay insurance. He has been my primary for several years. Have to call again. Whoops they did not set him up on my account and assigned a random doctor when they re-enrolled me. Again, said it all fixed now and everything is working fine.

April 24. 2016. Get a letter that was sent to my primary physician stating ... "we received a claim for...... for healthcare services, the patient is not current with her premium payments. This is to notify that if we do not receive payment by member within grace period, the claim will be denied and policy will be terminated.

I called United Healthcare again... asked to escalate to a manager to make a complaint. Was told, sorry you must write your complaint and send it in to us. Can't talk to anyone on the phone. By the way, we are showing your insurance has been paid, but just not posting correctly to your account.

So tired of this company. Please.... if you have had similar experiences, complain, write letters tell everyone. This has to stop. They simply don't care about you!!!! I wish someone would investigate this company.

This person wrote the review because of poor customer service of united healthcare platinum health plan from United Healthcare. Reviewer claimed that he or she lost $3000 and wants United Healthcare to offer any options to resolve the issue.

The most disappointing in user's experience was scam me for premiums and lied to me about coverage. The author asks this business to immediately contact him/ her to briefly discuss his/ her negative experience with the company.

We collected other reviews about products and/or services offered by United Healthcare for you to read. This information may help you with your purchase decision.

Had an Experience with United Healthcare?

Comments